The dramatic moment a mobility scooter’s battery pack exploded causing a house fire in Bordon on Sunday evening has been caught on camera.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said on-call crews from Bordon and Liphook were called to the house in Warren Close shortly after 7pm.
Firefighters with breathing apparatus put out the blaze using hose reel jets before ventilating the property.
A couple living at the house were evacuated. A man was taken to hospital for treatment for an existing illness.
Although the battery was not being charged at the time of the fire, the fire service has shared footage of the fire to mark the start of Electrical Fire Safety Week, which encourages people to follow safety advice on using electrical appliances at home.