NO change at the top of I’Anson Division Two, with Brook, Fernhurst and Elstead all winning their matches. Harting, meanwhile, beat Hindhead to put more space between themselves and the bottom two.

The Thursley wicket was difficult and Brook, electing to field, dismissed the home side for 99 in 27 overs. Four seamers, Rhodri Williams, Oli Eccles, Paul Challinor and Neil Cooper, exploited the conditions with great efficiency, Challinor taking 3-14 off seven overs. Skipper Steve Fuller top-scored with 33 and number 8 John Elkins made a defiant 22 not out.

The wicket had eased for Brook’s reply, but it was still impressive the way that Marc-Antony Eysele and Robin Hudson knocked off the runs off in a mere 15 overs. The aggressive Eysele hit six sixes and six fours in his 67 not out and the more restrained Hudson made an unbeaten 34.

The Bourne, inserted by Fernhurst, were hustled out for 70 in 29 overs. The hosts never recovered from the early damage inflicted by Bruce Baxendale and Ryan Lewis. Joe Morse (26) and Steve Turpin (17) showed some fight, but Lewis went on to take 5-20 in 11.1 overs and Fernhurst were left with a modest target.

Mark Budd took an early wicket, but Leon Fourie (24) and George Bristowe (23 not out) soon put the game to bed.

Shalford were denied a much-needed win by Grayshott II. Peter Unsworth (71) again led from the front for Shalford, sharing a fine opening stand with Bryan Winson (45). However, Grayshott’s bowling was accurate. Charlie Tuffin was the pick of the attack with 3-28 in 11 overs and Shalford batted out 48 overs for a decent score of 183-9.

An excellent opening spell by Dave Shilcock (6-35 in 14 overs) made sure that Grayshott never threatened the target, despite a good knock from Luke McBain (26). But as they pushed for victory, Shalford met determined resistance from Toby Joyce (28) and Andy Lang (17 not out) and Grayshott fought their way to 126-8.

Badshot Lea were convincing winners of the local derby at Tongham. Several Tongham batsmen got going, but missed out on a big score as Tom Spooner, Sam Vass and Tim Gray picked up wickets regularly.

Needing 135 from 45 overs, Badshot Lea got the runs easily, thanks to a boundary-laden 96 not out from Josh Menzies. A deserved century just eluded the opener as the visitors powered to victory in 28 overs.

Hindhead hoped for a large total against Harting after Joe Harrison (35) and Matt Jeffs (49) had set a great platform with their second-wicket partnership. But Hindhead suffered an all too familiar collapse as third-change bowler Simon Kyte wreaked havoc with his left-arm spin. Pradeep Gore and Stuart Woods showed some resistance before Hindhead were dismissed for 139 in 46 overs. Kyte returned outstanding figures of 7-30 in 11 overs.

Jeffs and Harry Stokes picked up early wickets, but the experienced pair of Terry Wadey and Kyte turned the game in Harting’s favour. Woods ran out Kyte with a direct hit, but Wadey began to play his shots and the target was in sight when he fell for an excellent 60.

Hindhead kept plugging away, though, and Harting eventually required eight runs from the final over, to be bowled by Arpan Painter. After some good shots and missed run-out chances, Jake Wadey and Tom O’Kelly scrambled a single off the last ball of a close and entertaining game.